2019 New England LMSC Short Course Yards Championship|
Hosted by Charles River Masters
March 16 and March 22-24, 2019
Blodgett Pool, Harvard University, Boston MA
Frequently Asked Questions
|Address for entries:
NE LMSC SCY Entries
P.O. Box 380782
Cambridge MA 02238
Below are some frequently asked questions (and their answers) about the meet and the entry process.
- Q: How does the Meet Size Cap process work?
A: The meet information was posted in January, 2019. On some particular day, we will have received 900 completed entries (paper and online). On that day, we will accept any paper entries that are delivered to the Post Office box, and we will accept any online entries completed by 11:59pm EST. After that, we will stop accepting all entries. There will not be any warning posted to the web site before the stop accepting entries.
- Q: How does the Distance Day Cap work?
A: On the day that we receive the 200th entry for Distance Day (1000 and 1650 freestyle), we will close entries for Distance Day. There is no waiting list for Distance Day.
- Q: Can I enter additional events after I submit an entry?
A: Please send us an email at email@example.com. Include the event and seed time. We will send you an electronic invoice for $10 + $6 per event. This must be completed before Friday, March 8 at 11:59pm. If it is past the regular entry deadline, you will be charged the Late Entry Fee ($20).
- Q: Why are you limiting the number of swimmers in the meet?
A: Over the past several years, this meet has grown to be very popular. With many swimmers in the meet, the sessions are very long. This is difficult for the swimmers, the officials, and the meet staff. In order to provide a swimming environment most conducive to fast swimming, we are limiting the meet to 900 swimmers to keep the session lengths reasonable. In 2007, there were 847 swimmers entered into the meet. In 2008, there were 762 swimmers entered into the meet. In 2009, there were 858 swimmers entered into the meet. In 2010, we reached 1064 entered swimmers, each of whom entered before the entry deadline.
- Q: How can I make sure I get into the meet?
A: We suggest that you submit an online entry ASAP! We do not know when we will reach 900 swimmers, and the meet will be declared full.
- Q: When will the meet fill up?
A: We don't know. We always have a large interest in this meet, so we may reach the full point very quickly. We will not post any warning that we are getting close to full.
- Q: What about a postmark deadline?
A: There is no postmark deadline for the meet. We suggest that you enter online, and not send in a paper entry form. If your mailed entry arrives after the meet is full, your entry will be rejected. If you insist on sending a paper entry form, we strongly suggest that you send via USPS Express Mail (overnight), and keep your proof of mailing. We will not accept any entries sent via FedEx, UPS, or any delivery service other than USPS.
- Q: What happens if I'm #901, and I miss the meet by one spot?
A: On whatever day the meet becomes full, we will accept all entries received on that day. So if we receive your entry on or before the day the meet becomes full, you will get into the meet. This means that we will actually end up with slightly more than 900 swimmers in the meet. If we receive your entry the day after the meet becomes full, your entry will be rejected.
- Q: What happens to my entry fee if the meet is full when you get my entry?
A: Don't worry -- if you don't get into the meet because it becomes full, we will not keep your entry fee. Your check will not be deposited.
- Q: I don't like the order of events. I never like the order of events!
A: We're sorry. We realize that we can't make everyone happy all of the time. Every year, the order of events is changed. We try to put different events on different days each year. We try to change which events are on the same day each year. We almost never have the same two events back-to-back. The order of events follows some basic rules to keep things evenly distributed:
We hope that if you don't like the order of events this year, then hopefully you will like the order of events next year better.
- The 1000 free and 1650 free switch order each year
- The women's and men's 500 free, and the 400 IM switch days each year
- The 100 IM, 200 IM, and 400 IM are each on different days (one IM event each day)
- The 50 free, 100 free, and 200 free are each on different days
- For the stroke events (back, breast, fly), the 50, 100 and 200 of each stroke are on different days.
- Each day has a 50 of one stroke, a 100 of another stroke, and a 200 of the third stroke.
- The 50 free, 200 free relay, and 200 medley relays are on different days (so there are three different days to swim a 50 free)
- The 100 free, 400 free relay, and 400 medley relay are on different days (so there are three different days to swim a 100 free)
- The 200 free and 800 free relay are on different days (so there are two different days to swim a 200 free)
- Q: What if I forgot to sign my entry form?
A: Print out a new, blank, entry form. Fill out your top-right box (name,
ID number, etc.), and sign and date the form. Write the words "ENTRY WAIVER ONlY" across
the top, and mail it to the regular address for entries.
- Q: I haven't received my 2019 USMS registration card yet.
A:All USMS registered swimmers can retrieve a copy of their USMS card, instantly, online through the USMS web site. Please go to http://www.usms.org/reg/ and click "Retrieve a copy of your current 2019 registration card".
- Q: I forgot to include a
copy of my 2019 USMS Registration card.
A: Please send a photocopy of your 2019 USMS Registration card to
the regular address for entries. You will be charged a $5 "incomplete entry
- Q: What if I owe money? (Either insufficient entry fee or $5 penalty)
A: If it is before March 8, send a check for the amount owed to the
regular address for entries. Please include your USMS ID number and any information
listed on the problem list with your payment so that we can properly credit
you. If it is after March 8, please bring your payment with you to the meet.
You will not be allowed to check-in for your event until your payment has
- Q: What if my question isn't answered here?
A: Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.